I don't know why I get so excited when I run into pals on the highway. About an hour into our trip, we saw Collin & Zach.

What you can't really see in the photo is the falling snow.
This picture is good for so many reasons. There's the flyer for the show, that's a good shot of Collin & there's an orb. Spooky!

After unloading the equipment, we went to Jonathan's to say hello. From there, we were supposed to meet Alannah & Dave for pho, but the roads turned icy & ATM wanted to stay close to the venue instead of driving around, so we had to settle for hanging out on Dickson to eat & loiter until the show started. We parked, went to the Dickson St. bookstore for a spell, then ate at Jose's, this bogus Tex-Mex restaurant right next to Smoke & Barrel. As I type this, I sit here shaking my head with a total look of disgust on my face. That food was so damned gross. I was offended by it. It was no wonder that when Collin asked us where we ate and we told him "Jose's", he just pointed and laughed at us. We totally deserved it. Never again. After eating, we went back to Smoke & Barrel to score a table. I ran into Heather first thing. And it wasn't long before others showed up, too.
I love this photo. Everyone looks as tired as I felt.

Here's ATM 'splainin' stuff to Alannah & Dave:

Zach & Kyle played that one game with the ships while Lorenza gave me this look:

There was no taking a good photo of any of the bands. The stage was hilariously tiny and the crowds prevented me from getting a decent angle. Here's Zach from The Good Fear:

Eclipse Glasses:

At the end of their set, it had already been a really long night for me. Alannah & Dave were hosting us for the night. They took off a touch early, so they could score some late night snacks. How awesome is that?! I was/am such a grateful guest, believe. After the band loaded up, we FINALLY get to take it easy at Alannah's home. It was such a relief! I was beyond tired. I was sad that we had a yucky dinner and had to hang out at a bar for 5+ hours. After snacking & looking at grody/hilarious German disco records (OMG, photos soon), we crashed really hard. It's been a real long time that I've gone to bed at 3:something. We fell asleep in a teenage girl's room; she was away at a sleepover & we got to use her bed. The last thing I saw before I succumbed to zzz's was two Fall Out Boy posters. It was really cute, I'm certain I was smiling. Too, I was stoked that we had brunch to look forward to.
Here's Chicklet reclaiming her bed:

Here's Lucy, praying that I drop my entire plate of food:

And behold! My entire plate of food:

Yes, it was as good as it looked and then some! Eggs benedict w/ smoked salmon & spinach with a side of baked sweet potatoes with olive oil, S & P, fresh sage & rosemary. Hot damn, that meal is haunting me. It was all washed down with endless cups of pressed coffee & mimosas. If you ever get the opportunity to eat Alannah food, by all means, get some. Lord.
Other guests at the brunch:


Some greats:

After eating the perfect meal, it wasn't long before we just went back to Little Rock.
Despite the wonky weather & the endless wait, we had a good time, especially at our thoughtful hostess'sss's house. Thank you, Alannah for everything!
I don't know how to incorporate my story about how when we saw Collin & Zach on the interstate, we pulled over in Russellville to chat and I ended having to go the restroom REALLY BAD and ended up being a bear in the woods --ahem -- so I'll just leave that bit out.
3 comments:
I'm a little proud of myself for staying up so late Saturday night. Even though it's taken me two days to get caught up on sleep. I had to come home early today for nap time.
I had so much fun! So glad I finally got to see the band. So good to see y'all again! Looking forward to visiting you next time!
PS: Chicklet didn't mean to glare at you when you took that photo. She just told me so.
PPS: it's weird how I don't even look like me in that one photo. Straight hair is weird.
Jose's? More like Nose's!
This was quite the funny post, amd!
oh yeah...totally agree with Jose's. Yuck.
To be honest, I got very sad for you when you said you felt like you needed to stay close to Dickson for dinner...I knew that you were headed for certain disappointment.
I've said it before: Fayetteville is seriously lacking many good restaurants. We have a few good Thai, Mexican, a Middle Eastern (only open for lunch though), and that's about it.
Post a Comment